As your Doula I will be by your side from the onset of your labor, assisting you with natural methods for pain relief and keep you calm and comfortable. Awakening your primal and powerful birth instincts which exists within you, waiting to get activated. I will help you work through decisions you may need to take and in one word – be your northern-star. Making sure you listen to your body and learn how gravity, instinct and body wisdom will help with a physiological birth.
I strongly believe every birthing experience is unique and I will therefore tailor it to your needs, preferences and circumstances.But most importantly, I KNOW that being your Doula and assisting you on this extraordinary journey is a privilege.
Dancing For Birth™ is a leading global class for pregnant and new mothers. It’s the “trifecta” of birth preparation: feel-good pre/post-natal fitness, essential birth and mothering education, and celebration, all rolled into a weekly class that supports you from preconception to postpartum.
- Recreational exercise decreases the chances of both premature labor and the birth of a very small baby.
- Maternal exercise throughout gestation improves fetal heart health.
- Upright positions and mobility during birth significantly lowered admissions to neonatal intensive care.
- Baby is 54% less likely to become distressed during labor/birth if mother is in an upright position.
- Exercise helps prevent Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM).
- Engagement in structured dance for 12 weeks decreases depression levels.
- Dance promotes the release of endorphins known to decrease stress and alleviate pain.
- Dance reduces muscle tension and promotes relaxation.
- 99% of women who were upright and mobile during birth said they would make the same choice again.
- Healthy pregnant women are advised to get at least 2 ½ hours of aerobic exercise every week.
- Being upright during labor and birth can increase the available space within the mother’s pelvis by up to 30%.
- Women who use movement in labor report that it is an effective method of relieving pain.